The Sink was originally a European style restaurant named Summer's Sunken Gardens. It's focal point was a large, sunken fountain in the middle of the dining room. To its patrons, the restaurant was fondly nick-named The Sink. A CU alum bought the place in 1949 and made the name official. They now have over 18 drafts lines and an newly upgraded kitchen.