About Outermost Harbor Marine
1950’s – 1960’s
• As early as the 1950’s the inlet now known as Outermost Harbor provided shelter for a few local beach goers and striper fishermen.• In the 1960’s Horne’s Marina (as Outermost was then known) became more established through bulkheading and dredging of a basin roughly the size and shape that it is today.1970’s – 1980’s • Through the 1970’s and 1980’s Horne’s Marina and then as Outermost Harbor Marine, LLC was a significant service center and base of operations for a large portion of Chatham’s commercial fishing fleet. 1990’s
• The 1990’s brought a gradual transition from a predominantly commercial to recreational facility.
• In 1998 Outermost Harbor Marine (OHM) was established and the customer was crowned king. Since that time OHM has been focused on continuous quality improvement and creating the ultimate boating experience.
• In 1999 we became affiliated with Grady-White to provide service and sales from Hyannis to Provincetown. We were honored to receive their Admiral’s Circle Award for excellence in sales and service every single year. Additionally, we were awarded the Gold Anchor as the highest sales Grady-White dealers in the world four times.Into the 21st Century…
• In 2001 OHM became a full-line Yamaha outboard motor dealer and our technicians have earned us a reputation as Cape Cod’s highest in Customer Satisfaction. On our staff we have the Lower Cape’s first and only Yamaha Certified master Technician…one of only about 80 in the United States!
• In 2003 the Southeastern Economic Development Corporation honored us with their “Small Business of The Year” award recognizing our commitment to employment growth and business excellence.
• Through several expansion and upgrade projects at both our waterfront facility as well as our inland service and storage facility (including new and expanded slips, utilities, construction of a new detailing service center complete with solar panels, bulkhead replacement, development of dry rack service to name a few) we have developed the ability to efficiently and consistently exceed the service expectations of hundreds of Cape Cod boaters.
• In 2012 Grady-White Boats presented us with their two most prestigious Gold Anchor Awards for Largest Sales Volume Dealer and for #1 Customer Satisfaction worldwide. Receiving a perfect score of “10” on every customer satisfaction survey!
• In 2014 the Devin & Harrison Kahn purchased the marina. Their goal and mission is to keep the marina moving forward with the highest standards , During the years since, the Marina has been awarded the honor of being “THE BEST MARINA IN CHATHAM FOR 2014 through 2018.”
• In 2015 the marina got a major overhaul. The service and parts department were moved offsite and the marina building itself was completely remodeled with an updated ships store, into what it is today. The new rack system was installed increasing our dry racks by 30 boats.
• In 2017 OHM partnered with Hyannis Marina and Cape Yachts to bring in 6 new exciting boat lines- Contender, Intrepid, Scout, Formula, Key West, , and Sea Ray. This partnership also makes our network the largest in the surrounding areas allowing us to have the largest presence possible when selling your boat.
• In 2018 OHM was hit by a couple major floods that came along with the harsh noreasters we experienced. We did sustain some damage, but the floods could not have come at a better time. The marina was once again completely updated with new docking systems and a freshly designed marina store just in time for the 2018 season.Outermost Harbor Marine will continue to evolve into the 21st century with the boating needs of our customers… committed to delivering the ultimate boating experience.