7 Great places to Eat in Galveston
Mar 2, 2023 at 7:00 AM in Where to Eat
Galveston, a coastal city in Texas, is known for its stunning beaches and historic attractions. But what about the food scene? Here are some of the best places to eat in Galveston.
1. Gaido's Seafood Restaurant is A classic seafood restaurant that has been serving fresh Gulf seafood for over 100 years.
Established in 1911, Gaido's Seafood Restaurant is a Galveston institution. Their menu features fresh Gulf seafood, including shrimp, oysters, and crab, prepared in a variety of ways. Try the seafood platter for a taste of everything.
2. For Tex-Mex cuisine, head to The Original Mexican Cafe.
Their menu includes all the classics, such as tacos, enchiladas, and fajitas, as well as seafood specialties like shrimp brochette. Wash it down with a margarita or a cold beer.
3. Shrimp 'N Stuff is a casual seafood joint that serves up delicious shrimp, fish, and oyster dishes.
If you're looking for a casual seafood spot, Shrimp 'N Stuff is a must-visit. Their menu features Gulf shrimp, fried seafood platters, and po' boys. Don't miss the jalapeno hushpuppies or the fried pickles as a side.
4. If you're looking for a cozy cafe, the Sunflower Bakery and Cafe serves delicious homemade soups, sandwiches, and baked goods.
For breakfast or brunch, head to Sunflower Bakery and Cafe. Their menu includes omelets, pancakes, and breakfast sandwiches, as well as lunch items like sandwiches and salads. Save room for a pastry or a slice of cake from their bakery case.
5. To complete your seafood tour, Miller's Seawall Grill is a family-owned seafood restaurant that offers fresh seafood and classic Gulf Coast dishes.
The restaurant has both indoor and outdoor seating options, with the outdoor patio being a popular spot for diners to enjoy their meals with a view of the ocean. The interior of the restaurant is decorated with nautical elements, giving it a beachy and relaxed vibe.
6. Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar is a fine dining restaurant that serves upscale Latin American cuisine in an elegant atmosphere.
The menu at Rudy & Paco's features a variety of seafood dishes such as ceviche, grilled fish, and paella. They also serve dishes with Latin American influences such as churrasco steak and empanadas. For those looking for non-seafood options, they also have a selection of chicken and beef dishes.
Rudy & Paco's has an extensive wine list, with options from around the world, as well as a variety of specialty cocktails. The restaurant also offers a lunch menu and a happy hour menu with discounted drinks and appetizers.
7. Our final recommendation is Queen's BBQ, a popular spot for barbecue lovers, with mouth-watering brisket, ribs, and pulled pork.
One of the most popular dishes at Queen's BBQ is their brisket, which is smoked for 12-16 hours and is tender and juicy. They also offer a variety of homemade barbecue sauces to accompany their meats.
The interior of the restaurant is cozy and rustic, with wooden tables and chairs and a few TVs for sports fans. The staff at Queen's BBQ is friendly and welcoming, and the restaurant has a loyal following among locals and visitors alike.
Whether you're in the mood for seafood, Tex-Mex, or Southern comfort food, Galveston has something to satisfy your cravings. Bon appetit!