The Best of Newport in Three Days
Jun 19, 2023 at 8:00 AM in Explore by
Newport, Rhode Island is a charming coastal town known for its historic mansions, scenic waterfront views, and rich sailing culture. With its cobblestone streets, picturesque lighthouses, and vibrant local scene, Newport is a must-visit destination for travelers looking to experience the best of New England.
In this 3-day itinerary, we'll take you on a journey through Newport's top attractions, from touring the famous mansions to exploring the town's quaint shops and restaurants. Get ready to experience the beauty and charm of Newport!
- Start your day by visiting the historic Newport Mansions, a collection of opulent Gilded Age homes that offer a glimpse into the lives of America's elite families. Be sure to visit The Breakers, which is considered one of the grandest mansions in Newport.
- After exploring the mansions, take a walk along the Cliff Walk, a scenic coastal trail that runs along the cliffs overlooking the ocean.
- For lunch, head to the White Horse Tavern, a historic restaurant that has been serving food since 1673.
- Spend the afternoon at Easton's Beach, also known as First Beach, which is a beautiful spot for sunbathing and swimming. Just a few minutes away, in Middletown, are two more popular public beaches: Second Beach (Sachuest Beach) and Third Beach.
- End your day with dinner at Castle Hill Inn, a stunning waterfront restaurant with delicious seafood and beautiful views.
- Start your day by taking a sailing tour of Newport Harbor, which will give you a unique perspective on the city's waterfront and landmarks.
- After your sailing tour, visit the International Tennis Hall of Fame, which is a museum dedicated to the history of tennis and the sport's greatest players.
- For lunch, head to the Red Parrot Restaurant, a casual spot with delicious seafood and a lively atmosphere.
- Spend the afternoon visiting the Newport Art Museum, which has a diverse collection of art and artifacts from around the world.
- End your day with dinner at The Mooring, a popular seafood restaurant with a great waterfront location and a wide selection of dishes.
- Start your day by visiting the historic Fort Adams State Park, which was built in the 19th century to protect Newport's harbor. You can explore the fortifications, take a tour of the buildings, and enjoy beautiful views of the harbor and ocean.
- After your visit to Fort Adams, head to the Newport Vineyards, which is a beautiful winery with a tasting room and tours of the vineyard.
- For lunch, head to the Clarke Cooke House, a historic restaurant with a lively atmosphere and delicious seafood.
- Spend the afternoon visiting the Touro Synagogue, which is the oldest synagogue in the United States and a National Historic Site.
- End your day with dinner at The Black Pearl, a popular seafood restaurant with a great location on Bannister's Wharf.
From the opulent mansions of the Gilded Age to the bustling waterfront scene, Newport, RI offers a unique blend of history, beauty, and coastal charm. With this itinerary, you'll experience some of the best that Newport has to offer, from strolling along the Cliff Walk to savoring local seafood at top-rated restaurants. Whether you're a history buff, outdoor enthusiast, or foodie, Newport has something for everyone.
We hope this itinerary has inspired you to explore all that Newport, RI has to offer and create memories that will last a lifetime. Safe travels and we hope to see you again soon in beautiful Newport!